Self-Sufficiency Handbook: Your Complete Guide to a Self-Sufficient Home, Garden, and Kitchen
- Length: 521 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: CompanionHouse Books
- Publication Date: 2021-12-15
- ISBN-10: B09NN728JJ
- Sales Rank: #1065415 (See Top 100 Books)
Whether you’re looking to adopt a greener lifestyle or wanting to go off the grid, this guide has all you need to know to boost your self-sufficiency.
Worried about ever-rising fuel bills and longing for the day when you can be off-grid and independent? Anxious about the quality of the food you eat and planning to go organic? Yearning to get back to the way it was but don’t know where to start? This book will show you how to achieve the eco-friendly good life. The authors cover the ecological gamut from geothermal heating to crop rotation to soap making. They answer important questions like how much land is really needed to be self-sufficient, whether or not to depend entirely on natural forms of energy, and which farm animals will best meet your needs. There’s practical information here on building an insulated flue pipe chimney, identifying edible wild plants, and composting with worms—as well as recipes for jams, rhubarb wine, cheeses, and more. Packed with full-color photographs, helpful illustrations, and diagrams, Self-Sufficiency Handbook will appeal to urban dwellers who want to adopt certain aspects of greener living and to serious adherents of back-to-basics living.
Inside Self-Sufficiency Handbook, you’ll find:
- Inspirational yet practical introduction to a greener way of living
- Essential reading for anyone considering a shift to a more self-sufficient lifestyle, no matter how small the change
- Emphasis is on the positive aspects of self-sufficiency, such as cutting living costs and eating well
- Covers everything from fitting a wind turbine to making honey from your own beehives.
- Step-by-step instructions on keeping animals, growing organic food, and preserving your own produce
- Guidelines for creating a self-sufficient home and eco-friendly home improvements
“This book shows that self-sufficiency is not only better for the planet—it’s cheaper and more rewarding!” —Green Rewards/Sustainability Advisory Panel
Cover Title Copyright Contents Introduction Part 1: The Land Part 2: The Self-Sufficient House Part 3: The Organic Food Garden A-Z of Vegetables and Salad Crops A-Z of Fruits A-Z of Herbs Part 4: Animal Husbandry Part 5: The Pantry Index Photo Credits About the Authors
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.