Software Architect’s Handbook: Become a successful software architect by implementing effective architecture concepts
A comprehensive guide to exploring software architecture concepts and implementing best practices
- Enhance your skills to grow your career as a software architect
- Design efficient software architectures using patterns and best practices
- Learn how software architecture relates to an organization as well as software development methodology
The Software Architect’s Handbook is a comprehensive guide to help developers, architects, and senior programmers advance their career in the software architecture domain. This book takes you through all the important concepts, right from design principles to different considerations at various stages of your career in software architecture.
The book begins by covering the fundamentals, benefits, and purpose of software architecture. You will discover how software architecture relates to an organization, followed by identifying its significant quality attributes. Once you have covered the basics, you will explore design patterns, best practices, and paradigms for efficient software development.
The book discusses which factors you need to consider for performance and security enhancements. You will learn to write documentation for your architectures and make appropriate decisions when considering DevOps. In addition to this, you will explore how to design legacy applications before understanding how to create software architectures that evolve as the market, business requirements, frameworks, tools, and best practices change over time.
By the end of this book, you will not only have studied software architecture concepts but also built the soft skills necessary to grow in this field.
What you will learn
- Design software architectures using patterns and best practices
- Explore the different considerations for designing software architecture
- Discover what it takes to continuously improve as a software architect
- Create loosely coupled systems that can support change
- Understand DevOps and how it affects software architecture
- Integrate, refactor, and re-architect legacy applications
Who this book is for
The Software Architect’s Handbook is for you if you are a software architect, chief technical officer (CTO), or senior developer looking to gain a firm grasp of software architecture.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 The Meaning of Software Architecture
Chapter 2 Software Architecture in an Organization
Chapter 3 Understanding The Domain
Chapter 4 Software Quality Attributes
Chapter 5 Software Architecture Design
Chapter 6 Patterns and Best Practices of Software Development
Chapter 7 Software Architecture Patterns
Chapter 8 Architecting Modern Applications
Chapter 9 Crosscutting Concerns
Chapter 10 Performance Considerations
Chapter 11 Security Considerations
Chapter 12 Documenting and Validating Software Architecture
Chapter 13 DevOps and Software Architecture
Chapter 14 Architecting Legacy Applications
Chapter 15 The Soft Skills of Software Architecture
Chapter 16 Evolutionary Architecture
Chapter 17 Becoming a Better Software Architect
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Software Architect’s Handbook, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.