- Length: 840 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher: Wrox
- Publication Date: 2009-01-14
- ISBN-10: 047022780X
- ISBN-13: 9780470227800
This book is aimed at three groups of readers:
- Web application developers attempting to enhance the usability of their web sites and web applications
In addition, familiarity with the following related technologies is a strong indicator that this book is for you:
This book covers:
- The Browser Object Model—Introduces the Browser Object Model (BOM), which is responsible for objects allowing interaction with the browser itself. Each of the BOM objects is covered, including window, document, location, navigator, and screen.
- Client Detection—Explains various approaches to detecting the client machine and its capabilities. Different techniques include capability detection and user-agent string detection. Each approach is discussed for pros and cons as well as situational appropriateness.
- DOM Levels 2 and 3Explains how DOM Levels 2 and 3 augmented the DOM with additional properties, methods, and objects. Compatibility issues between Internet Explorer and other browsers are discussed.
- Ajax and JSON—Looks at common Ajax techniques, including the use of the XMLHttpRequest object and Internet Explorer’s XDomainRequestobject for cross-domain Ajax. Explains the differences in browser implementations and support as well as recommendations for usage.
- Client-Side Storage—Discusses the various techniques for storing data on the client machine. Begins with a discussion of the most commonly supported feature, cookies, and then discusses newer functionality such as DOM storage.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.