Practical Spring Cloud Function: Developing Cloud-Native Functions for Multi-Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud Environments
Unlike other resources that target only programming communities, this book targets both programming and business communities. With programming models shifting more towards no-code and low-code, citizen programmers from the business side will welcome this book as a guide for how to design and optimize their information pipeline while lowering costs for infrastructure. Programmers, on the other hand, will welcome this book’s business-centric programming view, which will get them a step closer to fulfilling real business requirements.
Practical Spring Cloud Function touches on the themes of portability, scalability, high performance and high availability. Each theme is explored via a real enterprise use case and code. The use cases target industries including energy (oil pipeline sensors), automotive (event-driven connected vehicles), and retail (conversational AI).
After reading this book, you’ll come away with the know-how to build and deploy cloud-native Java applications effectively and efficiently.
What You Will Learn
- Write functions and deploy to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and on-prem clouds such as VMWare Tanzu and RedHat OpenShift
- Set up locally with KNative on Kubernetes, as well as on AWS, Azure, GCP, Tanzu, and others
- Build, test, and deploy a simple example with Spring Cloud Function
- Develop an event-driven data pipeline with Spring Cloud Function
- Integrate with AI and machine learning models
- Apply Spring Cloud Function to the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Get industry-specific examples of Spring Cloud Function in action
Who This Book Is For
Software and cloud-native application developers with prior programming experience in the cloud and/or Spring Framework. DevOps professionals may find this book beneficial as well.
Cover Front Matter 1. Why Use Spring Cloud Function 2. Getting Started with Spring Cloud Function 3. CI/CD with Spring Cloud Function 4. Building Event-Driven Data Pipelines with Spring Cloud Function 5. AI/ML Trained Serverless Endpoints with Spring Cloud Function 6. Spring Cloud Function and IoT 7. Industry-Specific Examples with Spring Cloud Function Back Matter
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Practical Spring Cloud Function: Developing Cloud-Native Functions for Multi-Cloud and Hybrid-Cloud Environments, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.