About Mastering Git
Chances are that if you’re involved with software development you’ve heard of and have used Git at some point in your life. Version control systems are critical for any successful collaborative software project. Git is both simple to start using and is accommodating for the most complex tasks with version control. Even seasoned Git users hit roadblocks on how to handle common situations.
Mastering Git is here to help! This book is the easiest and fastest way to get hands-on experience with using Git for version control of your projects.
Topics Covered in Mastering Git
- A Crash Course in Git: Learn all of the basics of Git that every software craftsman should know, including how to set up Git, committing and ignoring files.
- Branching/Merging/Pushing: Cover everything to work and collaborate with others.
- How Git Actually Works: Discover the whys behind what you’ve been learning.
- Rebasing: Learn rebasing, a more advanced way of merging code and collaborating.
- Workflows in Git: Working with Git requires rules to make sure things go smoothly across development teams. Learn the most common workflows and how to decide which one to use.
- …and much, much more!
Mastering Git covers everything you need to know, from low-level commands to team workflows!
After reading this book, you’ll be well-prepared to use Git on any sized project and team!