Go represents an attempt to improve on some weaknesses of traditional compiled programming languages. It de-emphasizes or removes error-prone language structures like class inheritance and exception handling. It features great concurrency support and automatic memory management (garbage collection).
Existing Go books tend to be highly technical in nature, teaching all aspects of the language regardless of their relevance to beginners. This book, rather than talking about the features of Go in abstract terms, features simple, clear examples that demonstrate Go in action, and diagrams to explain difficult concepts.
This book will not only teach developers basic language features, it will get them comfortable consulting error output, documentation, and search engines to find solutions to problems. It will teach all the conventions and techniques that employers expect an entry-level Go developer to know.
Table of Contents
1. let’s get going: Syntax Basics
2. which code runs next?: Conditionals and Loops
3. call me: Functions
4. bundles of code: Packages
5. on the list: Arrays
6. appending issue: Slices
7. labeling data: Maps
8. building storage: Structs
9. you’re my type: Defined Types
10. keep it to yourself: Encapsulation and Embedding
11. what can you do?: Interfaces
12. back on your feet: Recovering from Failure
13. sharing work: Goroutines and Channels
14. code quality assurance: Automated Testing
15. responding to requests: Web Apps
16. a pattern to follow: HTML Templates
17. Congratulations!: You made it to the end.
18. This isn’t goodbye
A. understanding os.openfile: Opening Files
B. six things we didn’t cover: Leftovers
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. Search the book title:
Head First Go, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title
3. Click the book title in the search results
Publisher resources section, click
Download Example Code.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.