SQL in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference, 4th Edition
For programmers, analysts, and database administrators, this Nutshell guide is the essential reference for the SQL language used in today’s most popular database products. This new fourth edition clearly documents SQL commands according to the latest ANSI/ISO standard and details how those commands are implemented in Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and Oracle 19c, as well as in the MySQL 8, MariaDB 10.5, and PostgreSQL 13 open source database products.
You’ll also get a concise overview of the relational database management system (RDBMS) model and a clear-cut explanation of foundational RDBMS concepts–all packed into a succinct, comprehensive, and easy-to-use format.
- Background on the relational database model, including current and previous SQL standards
- Fundamental concepts necessary for understanding relational databases and SQL commands
- An alphabetical command reference to SQL statements, according to the SQL:2016 ANSI standard
- The implementation of each command by MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server
- An alphabetical reference of the ANSI SQL:2016 functions and constructs as well as the vendor implementations
- Platform-specific functions unique to each implementation
1. SQL History and Implementations The Relational Model and ANSI SQL Codd’s Rules for Relational Database Systems Codd’s Rules in Action: Simple SELECT Examples History of the SQL Standard What’s New in SQL:2016 What’s New in SQL:2011 What’s New in SQL:2008 What’s New in SQL:2006 What’s New in SQL:2003 (aka SQL3) Levels of Conformance Supplemental Features Packages in the SQL3 Standard SQL3 Statement Classes SQL Dialects 2. Foundational Concepts Database Platforms Described in This Book Categories of Syntax Identifiers Literals Operators Keywords and Reserved Words ANSI/ISO SQL and Platform-specific Data Types MySQL Data Types Oracle Datatypes PostgreSQL Data types SQL Server Data Types Constraints Scope Syntax PRIMARY KEY Constraints FOREIGN KEY Constraints UNIQUE Constraints CHECK Constraints 3. Structuring Your Data How to Use This Chapter SQL Platform Support SQL Command Reference CREATE/ALTER DATABASE Statement CREATE/ALTER DOMAIN Statement CREATE/ALTER INDEX Statement CREATE ROLE Statement CREATE SCHEMA Statement CREATE/ALTER TABLE Statement CREATE/ALTER TYPE Statement CREATE/ALTER VIEW Statement DROP Statements
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. Search the book title:
SQL in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference, 4th Edition, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title
3. Click the book title in the search results
Publisher resources section, click
Download Example Code.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.