The Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax reference to the popular Objective-C programming language, which is the core language behind the APIs found in the Apple iOS and Mac OS SDKs. It presents the essential Objective-C syntax in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You won’t find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a language reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any Objective-C programmer.
In the Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference, you will find:
- A concise reference to the Objective-C language syntax.
- Short, simple, and focused code examples.
- A well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index allowing easy review.
What you’ll learn
- How to create an Objective-C HelloWorld
- How to compile and run
- What are the Objective-C code class definitions
- How to use objects in Objective-C
- How to effectively use categories to extend the various classes
- What is key-value observation
- How to archive an object graph
- How to implement the delegation design pattern with protocols
- How to master code blocks and much more
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy pocket syntax reference for experienced Objective-C, Mac, and iOS programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Objective-C.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Hello World
Chapter 2: Build and Run
Chapter 3: Variables
Chapter 4: Operators
Chapter 5: Objects
Chapter 6: Strings
Chapter 7: Numbers
Chapter 8: Arrays
Chapter 9: Dictionaries
Chapter 10: For Loops
Chapter 11: While Loops
Chapter 12: Do While Loops
Chapter 13: For-Each Loops
Chapter 14: If Statements
Chapter 15: Switch Statements
Chapter 16: Defining Classes
Chapter 17: Class Methods
Chapter 18: Inheritance
Chapter 19: Categories
Chapter 20: Blocks
Chapter 21: Key-Value Coding
Chapter 22: Key-Value Observation
Chapter 23: Protocols
Chapter 24: Delegation
Chapter 25: Singleton
Chapter 26: Error Handling
Chapter 27: Background Processing
Chapter 28: Object Archiving
Chapter 29: Web Services
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.