Learn to develop high performance applications with Dart 1.10
About This Book
- Develop apps for the modern web using Dart and HTML5
- Clarify and shorten your Dart code using enums
- Build a complex UI for business applications with Dart’s Polymer framework, based on web components
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
- Structure your code using functions, classes, generics, packages and libraries
- Use the power of modern browsers to process and store data
- Make games by drawing, and using audio and video in the browser
- Develop an application with a model-driven and spiral-paced approach
- Discover the Observatory tools for profiling memory and CPU usage of Dart programs
- Store your app’s data in MySQL and MongoDB through Dart
- Build powerful HTML5 forms, validate and store data in local storage, and use web components to build your own user interface
- Run your Dart server on an App Engine Managed VM
Dart is an open source programming language for the web, developed at Google, with a steadily growing community. It is a single language for both client and server, appropriate for the full range of devices on the web – including phones, tablets, laptops, and servers. It encompasses the lessons of the last two decades of web programming.
This book will give you a thorough overview of Dart, taking you through its ecosystem, syntax, and development principles.
With this book, you will build web games using HTML5, audio, and video, and also dive into processing and displaying data in HTML5 forms with Dart. You will also learn how web components fit together with HTML5, and how to apply them in business web applications of the future. You will discover how to store data on the client, communicate data between client and server with JSON, and store JSON data with MongoDB and MySQL.
Stop solving new challenges with the same old tools – let Dart show you a whole new way.
Style and approach
This book provides you a project-based approach, with everything you need to start or enhance your career in the future of web development with Dart. It follows the spiral approach: each project builds up in successive spirals, adding new features in each step.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Dart – A Modern Web Programming Language
Chapter 2. Getting to Work with Dart
Chapter 3. Structuring Code with Classes and Libraries
Chapter 4. Modeling Web Applications with Model Concepts and Dartlero
Chapter 5. Handling DOM in a New Way
Chapter 6. Combining HTML5 Forms with Dart
Chapter 7. Building Games with HTML5 and Dart
Chapter 8. Developing Business Applications with Polymer Web Components
Chapter 9. Modeling More Complex Applications with dartling
Chapter 10. Local Data and Client-Server Communication
Chapter 11. Data-Driven Web Applications with MySQL and MongoDB
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Learning Dart, 2nd Edition, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.