What will you learn from this book?
Head First Kotlin is a complete introduction to coding in Kotlin. This hands-on book helps you learn the Kotlin language with a unique method that goes beyond syntax and how-to manuals and teaches you how to think like a great Kotlin developer. You’ll learn everything from language fundamentals to collections, generics, lambdas, and higher-order functions. Along the way, you’ll get to play with both object-oriented and functional programming. If you want to really understand Kotlin, this is the book for you.
Why does this book look so different?
Based on the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory, Head First Kotlin uses a visually rich format to engage your mind rather than a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep. Why waste your time struggling with new concepts? This multisensory learning experience is designed for the way your brain really works.
Table of Contents
1. getting started: A Quick Dip
2. basic types and variables: Being a Variable
3. functions: Getting Out of Main
4. classes and objects: A Bit of Class
5. subclasses and superclasses: Using Your Inheritance
6. abstract classes and interfaces: Serious Polymorphism
7. data classes: Dealing with Data
8. nulls and exceptions: Safe and Sound
9. collections: Get Organized
10. generics: Know Your Ins from Your Outs
11. lambdas and higher-order functions: Treating Code Like Data
12. built-in higher-order functions: Power Up Your Code
A. coroutines: Running Code in Parallel
B. testing: Hold Your Code to Account
C. leftovers: The Top Ten Things: (We Didn’t Cover)
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. Search the book title:
Head First Kotlin: A Brain-Friendly Guide, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title
3. Click the book title in the search results
Publisher resources section, click
Download Example Code.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.