Build and deploy scalable cloud applications using Windows containers and Kubernetes
- Run, deploy, and orchestrate containers on the Windows platform with this Kubernetes book
- Use Microsoft SQL Server 2019 as a data store to deploy Kubernetes applications written in .NET Framework
- Set up a Kubernetes development environment and deploy clusters with Windows Server 2019 nodes
With the adoption of Windows containers in Kubernetes, you can now fully leverage the flexibility and robustness of the Kubernetes container orchestration system in the Windows ecosystem. This support will enable you to create new Windows applications and migrate existing ones to the cloud-native stack with the same ease as for Linux-oriented cloud applications.
This practical guide takes you through the key concepts involved in packaging Windows-distributed applications into containers and orchestrating these using Kubernetes. You’ll also understand the current limitations of Windows support in Kubernetes. As you advance, you’ll gain hands-on experience deploying a fully functional hybrid Linux/Windows Kubernetes cluster for development, and explore production scenarios in on-premises and cloud environments, such as Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-versed with containerization, microservices architecture, and the critical considerations for running Kubernetes in production environments successfully.
What you will learn
- Understand containerization as a packaging format for applications
- Create a development environment for Kubernetes on Windows
- Grasp the key architectural concepts in Kubernetes
- Discover the current limitations of Kubernetes on the Windows platform
- Provision and interact with a Kubernetes cluster from a Windows machine
- Create hybrid Windows Kubernetes clusters in on-premises and cloud environments
Who this book is for
This book is for software developers, system administrators, DevOps engineers, and architects working with Kubernetes on Windows, Windows Server 2019, and Windows containers. Knowledge of Kubernetes as well as the Linux environment will help you get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Creating Containers
- Managing State in Containers
- Working with Container Images
- Kubernetes Concepts and Windows Support
- Kubernetes Networking
- Interacting with Kubernetes Clusters
- Deploying a Hybrid On-Premises Kubernetes Cluster
- Deploying a Hybrid Azure Kubernetes Service Engine Cluster
- Deploying Your First Application
- Deploying Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and ASP.NET MVC Application
- Configuring Applications to Use Kubernetes Features
- Development Workflow with Kubernetes
- Securing Kubernetes Clusters and Applications
- Monitoring Kubernetes Applications Using Prometheus
- Disaster Recovery
- Production Considerations for Running Kubernetes
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Hands-On Kubernetes on Windows, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.