Hands-On Agile Software Development with JIRA: Design and manage software projects using the Agile methodology
Plan, track, and release great software
- Learn to create reports and dashboard for effective project management
- Implement your development strategy in JIRA.
- Practices to help you manage the issues in the development team
As teams scale in size, project management can get very complicated. One of the best tools to deal with this kind of problem is JIRA.
This book will start by organizing your project requirements and the principles of Agile development to get you started. You will then be introduced to set up a JIRA account and the JIRA ecosystem to help you implement a dashboard for your team’s work and issues. You will learn how to manage any issues and bugs that might emerge in the development stage. Going ahead, the book will help you build reports and use them to plan the releases based on the study of the reports. Towards the end, you will come across working with the gathered data and create a dashboard that helps you track the project’s development.
What you will learn
- Create your first project (and manage existing projects) in JIRA
- Manage your board view and backlogs in JIRA
- Run a Scrum Sprint project in JIRA
- Create reports (including topic-based reports)
- Forecast using versions
- Search for issues with JIRA Query Language (JQL)
- Execute bulk changes to issues
- Create custom filters, dashboards, and widgets
- Create epics, stories, bugs, and tasks
Who this book is for
This book is for administrators who wants to apply the Agile approach to managing the issues, bugs, and releases in their software development projects using JIRA.
Table of Contents
- Get started with creating your project
- Managing Work Items
- Running Your Project in JIRA
- Working with Reports
- Searching and Filtering on Issues
- Dashboards and Widgets
Cover Title Page Copyright and Credits Dedication Packt Upsell Contributor Table of Contents Preface Chapter 1: Getting Started with Creating Projects Introduction to JIRA What is JIRA? Creating an account with Atlassian How JIRA uses projects to keep work organized Project management Summary of project settings How to set up a project using a scheme, screens, workflows, and permissions Screens Workflows Permissions Notifications Summary Chapter 2: Managing Work Items Introducing epics, stories, bugs, and tasks Creating epics, stories, bugs, and tasks Issue type attributes and adding and removing them Managing items in the backlog Creating and configuring our board Summary Chapter 3: Running Your Project in JIRA Creating and starting a sprint The daily scrum Smaller stories and tasks Closing the sprint – the sprint report Summary Chapter 4: Working with Reports Versions and releases Burndown reports Burndown example one Burndown example two Burndown report Sprint reports Velocity charts Velocity charts – an example Release and epic burndowns Release burndown – an example Version and epic reports Version report – an example Summary Chapter 5: Issue Searching and Filtering Issue searching using JQL Simple and advanced JQL editors in JIRA Saving and managing filters Executing bulk changes Creating new boards from saved filters Summary Chapter 6: Dashboards and Widgets Creating and managing a dashboard Adding gadgets to our dashboard Sharing a dashboard Summary Other Books You May Enjoy Index
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Hands-On Agile Software Development with JIRA: Design and manage software projects using the Agile methodology, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.