A comprehensive guide to reaping the benefits of architectural modeling in embedded design
- Identify and overcome challenges in embedded environments
- Understand the steps required to increase the security of IoT solutions
- Build safety-critical and memory-safe parallel and distributed embedded systems
Embedded systems are self-contained units that have a dedicated purpose within a device. We come across a variety of applications of embedded systems in navigation tools, telecom applications, and networking equipment, to name just a few.
Embedded Systems Architecture begins with a bird’s eye view of embedded development and how it differs from the other systems that you may be familiar with. You’ll first be guided to setting up a development environment and then move on to the core system architectural concepts, exploring pragmatic designs, boot-up mechanisms, and memory management. Next, you’ll look at the programming interface and device drivers to establish communication via TCP/IP and take measures to increase the security of IoT solutions. Lastly, you’ll be introduced to parallel multithreaded applications through the development of a scheduler.
By the end of the book, you will have explored various aspects of embedded architecture such as memory management, focusing on a memory-safe approach, multithreading, and the RTOS approach.
What you will learn
- Participate in the design and definition phase of an embedded product
- Learn about architectural design patterns and engineering tradeoffs
- Build an embedded development lab and optimize the workflow
- Write memory-safe code
- Understand the architecture behind the most communication interfaces
- Understand the design and development patterns for connected and distributed devices in the IoT
- Master multitask parallel execution patterns and real-time operating systems
Who This Book Is For
If you’re a software developer or designer wanting to learn about embedded programming, this is the book for you. You’ll also find this book useful if you’re a less experienced embedded programmer willing to expand your knowledge.
Table of Contents
- Embedded systems: A pragmatic approach
- Work environment and work flow optimization
- Architectural patterns
- The boot-up procedure
- Memory management
- General purpose peripherals
- Local bus interfaces communication
- Power Management and energy saving
- Distributed systems and IoT architecture
- Parallel tasks and scheduling
- Real Time Operating Systems
How to download source code?
1. Go to:
2. In the Find a repository… box, search the book title:
Embedded Systems Architecture, sometime you may not get the results, please search the main title.
3. Click the book title in the search results.
3. Click Code to download.
1. Disable the AdBlock plugin. Otherwise, you may not get any links.
2. Solve the CAPTCHA.
3. Click download link.
4. Lead to download server to download.