While media buzz regularly circulates around iPhone and Android, Nokia still leads the pack in terms of world market share. Symbian, for instance, remains the most widely used mobile operating system. With Nokia's open development platform, the opportunities available for mobile developers to target this vastly popular operating system are abundant and clear.
- Use Qt to target both platforms: Symbian, the most widely used mobile operating system in the world, as well as MeeGo, the Intel/Nokia platform for mobile devices.
- Develop HTML5 applications for both Symbian and MeeGo platforms that will run with little modification on other mobile platforms.
- Novice developers learn the basics of Qt with a mobile slant, giving them the ability to target both desktop and mobile platforms.
What you’ll learn
- How to do Qt basics
- What is QML or the Qt Markup Language
- What is Qt for Meego and how to use it
- and how to use it
- How to work with the Web Runtime
- Why mobile development is different
- How to port/support MeeGo and Symbian platforms
Who this book is for
This must-have book is for mobile developers wanting to target the Meego and Symbian platforms (either as the sole platform or in cross-platform development), and existing mobile developers wanting to start using Qt.
Table of Contents
Introducing Nokia’s Software Platform
Designing Your Application
Working with the Nokia Qt SDK
Beginning Qt Development
Doing More with Qt
Introducing Qt Quick
Developing with HTML5
Testing Your Application
Deploying Your Application